Sandalwood Amyris beard soap (approx. 25g, 50g, 100g and 200g bars) from BaldyBeardy – will gently cleanse your beard so it is hugely beneficial for beards and the skin.
Completely natural, sulphate and detergent free, Sandalwood Amyris beard soap maintains the skin’s natural oils and won’t dry out it and your beard out. Unlike commercial soaps it contains no artificial chemical detergents or foaming agents (sulphates). It contains a range of highly nutritious oils and butters which have been specially chosen because of their cleansing and moisturising properties and which will leave your beard and skin completely clean without stripping them of their precious natural oils.
Really good for the skin and so gentle that it’s usable everyday. Made by a bearded man especially for bearded men, who understands beards and their needs and where top quality beard care products are an absolute requirement, this beard soap is especially formulated to provide the best care and nourishment for your beard and skin.
Treat your beard to some of the best made and highest quality beard soap on the market. See and feel the difference it makes.
Sandalwood Amyris beard soap is scented using Sandalwood Amyris essential oil.
Sandalwood Amyris: Sandalwood is a naturally relaxing. It provides a feeling of calmness, relaxation, with a greater sense of well being and uplifted-ness. Not to mention it being great for regenerating and rejuvenating beards and the skin. Sandalwood oil has a musty, woody, distinctive soft, warm, smooth, creamy aroma.
Scent-ometer rating: 3 – medium scent.
Among the ingredients of Sandalwood Amyris beard soap are:
– Sweet Almond Oil – this oil is an excellent natural emollient and is renowned for its ability to soften and condition the skin. It is high in vitamin D and proteins, and so really nourishes the skin and beard. Sweet almond oil is not a nut oil but a seed oil. Almonds are related to the cherry, peach and plum families and although commonly called nuts are actually seeds (more specifically “drupes” or stone fruits).
– Avocado Oil – this oil moisturises the skin and beard. It is perfect for dry skin or sensitive skin.
– Coconut Oil – this oil helps protect, moisturise and condition the skin and beard. Great for relieving the skin and hair, and avoiding split ends.
– Evening Primrose Oil – Evening Primrose oil contains high levels of essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E, and is very beneficial for the skin.
– Jojoba Oil – Jojoba contains natural collagen almost identical to the structure of the collagen in our skin. Jojoba oil is actually a liquid wax but is often used as a carrier oil as it absorbs rapidly into the skin. It is rich in vitamin E which promotes a glowing complexion.
– Canola Oil – Canola oil is excellent for the skin. It is rich in vitamins E and K. It helps make the skin supple and glowing. Canola oil is an excellent moisturiser for dry skin. For beards it helps combat dryness, breakage, frizziness and split ends. It penetrates the hair shaft to moisturise and replenish beard hairs.
– Olive Oil – This oil is nature’s natural conditioner and has been used for centuries to condition hair. It nourishes and rejuvenates the skin. It is great for dealing with frizziness and split ends, and acts as a natural beard conditioner leaving your beard shiny and soft.
– Shea Butter – Shea butter is an excellent moisturiser and beard revitaliser.
– Cupuacu Butter – this butter is native to the Amazon rainforest in Brazil. The butter is pressed from seeds of the tree. Cupuacu butter nourishes the hair with vitamins and minerals, keeping it healthier and reducing frizziness. It has moisture sealing properties, which keep hair softer for longer. It penetrates the hair cuticle, fortifying it, due to the high amounts of saturated and monounsaturated fats in it. It increases skin hydration and acts as an emollient to ensure a soft and conditioned feel on the skin.
– Beeswax – Beeswax is high in vitamin A which locks moisture into the skin, keeping it really soft. It excellent for soothing the skin. Beeswax acts as a layer of protection when applied to the skin, protecting it from harsh environmental conditions. Beeswax is not only an excellent natural skin and beard moisturiser, it also locks the moisture in. Beeswax helps encourage a healthy beard growth.
– Castor Oil – Castor oil is an excellent skin moisturiser due to its high concentration of fatty acids which penetrate the skin easily. Castor oil also has omega-6 essential fatty acids which are responsible for healthy hair. Castor oil ensures that the follicles are kept strong, leading to a more healthy beard growth.
– 100% RSPO/Certified Sustainable Palm Oil – Palm oil is an excellent natural conditioner. It strengthens beard hairs and makes them shiny, silky soft and moisturised. Palm Oil is excellent for hair growth. It provides thorough conditioning, thickens hair and makes hair stronger. It is very high in vitamins A and E. It gives the skin a healthy glossy look without looking and feeling greasy. The moisture content in palm oil is very beneficial for hair and skin. The Palm oil used is 100% RSPO/certified sustainable palm oil from Malaysia.
– Apricot Kernel Oil – Apricot kernel oil is high in vitamins A, C, E and lycopene which makes it hugely beneficial for the skin. The vitamin C in Apricot kernel oil helps soften the skin without causing it to feel greasy. Apricot kernel oil is especially good for sensitive skin. The vitamin A and essential fatty acids in Apricot kernel oil help with keeping the skin really moisturised. Apricot kernel oil is contains oleic and linoleic acids which are great for hair growth. Its high content of vitamins A and E hydrate and condition hair. The vitamin E in Apricot kernel oil supports healthy beard growth.
– Aloe Butter – Aloe butter is a very moisturising butter with similar benefits to shea butter. It is a very light butter which rapidly hydrates the skin. Aloe butter helps keep the skin renewed and supple.
– Distilled water (i.e. de-ionised, de-mineralised water with all impurities removed) is used in the production of this soap to give an even smoother soap.
The texture of Sandalwood Amyris beard soap is a little soft. This is due to it being packed full of moisturising oils. It gives a good lather.
It can be used as often as you wish and is great for removing oil, balm and other product residues from your beard.
After lathering the soap rub it into your beard and then rinse out thoroughly with warm water. Pat (don’t rub) the beard gently with a dry, soft, warm towel and while it’s still damp apply a little of the beard oil.
Sandalwood Amyris beard soaps weigh approximately:
- 25g each for the mini soap,
- 50g each for the standard sized soap,
- 100g (2 x 50g) each for the large soaps,
- 200g (4 x 50g) each for the extra large soaps.
No two bars are the same so they may vary very slightly in weight and size.
Like all BaldyBeardy products, upon first use just use a very small amount on a section of the skin to ensure that you do not have any allergies to any of the ingredients.
Sandalwood Amyris beard soap is unsuitable for vegans (as it contains some beeswax). It comes wrapped in wax paper.
BaldyBeardy products do NOT contain:
– Fragrance oils/perfumes (synthetically produced oils, very cheap and not good for the skin),
– Alcohol (e.g. benzyl alcohol),
– Fractionated oils (e.g. liquified coconut oil with its most beneficial fatty acid, lauric acid, removed to increase shelf life),
– Petroleum/mineral oil based ingredients (e.g. petroleum jelly),
– Nut oils (e.g. hazelnut oil, peanut oil).
All batches of soap are tested using both Phenolphthalein (this is not in the soap itself, a small sample is removed, tested with the Phenolphthalein and then discarded) and litmus paper to ensure they have a neutral pH balance.
Sandalwood Amyris beard soap goes very nicely with Australian Sandalwood beard oil and/or balm. Or perhaps Indian Sandalwood beard oil.
Follow us: BaldyBeardy on Facebook – BaldyBeardy on Pinterest
7 reviews for Sandalwood Amyris beard soap (3 – medium scent)