Birch Tar beard oil will ensure that your beard is nicely conditioned and hydrated, and feels super silky soft and healthy. It is a grooming oil for ensuring a strong, healthy, soft beard.
The benefits of Birch Tar essential oil are numerous. It is a natural tonic and very beneficial for the skin and for beard growth. Happy healthy skin means a happy healthy beard!
This beard oil has quite a pungent aroma of smoky camp fire with burning wood and rubber. It has a very masculine and heavy scent and can take a bit of acquiring.
Made from a range of highly nutritious and beneficial carrier oils, as well as therapeutic essential oils, Birch Tar beard oil is everything your beard could ask for in terms of grooming and maintenance for a strong, healthy, soft and shiny beard.
Made by a bearded man especially for bearded men, who understands beards and their needs and where top quality beard care products are an absolute requirement, this beard conditioning oil is especially formulated to provide the best care and nourishment for your beard and skin.
This oil comes in a 5ml (0.17oz), 10ml (0.35oz), 20ml (0.7oz), 30ml (1oz), 50ml (1.75oz) and 100ml (3.5oz) bottle.
Scent-ometer rating: 5 – very strong scent.
Bitch Tar beard oil is a quickly absorbing oil that doesn’t leave an oily feel on the skin.
Birch Tar beard oil contains:
– Jojoba Oil (Virgin – Cold Pressed): Jojoba contains natural collagen almost identical to the structure of the collagen in our skin. Jojoba oil is actually a liquid wax but is often used as a carrier oil as it absorbs rapidly into the skin. It is rich in vitamin E which promotes a glowing complexion. It is also high in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E.
– Watermelon Seed Oil (Steam Distilled): Watermelon seed oil is hugely beneficial for the skin. It is naturally rich in vitamins, minerals and fatty acids. Its restorative and nourishing properties help maintain a healthy and clear complexion.
– Baobab Seed Oil (Virgin – Cold Pressed): Derived from the seeds of the Baobab tree in Africa, Baobab oil is very rich in Vitamin C in particular, as well as vitamins A, D, E and essential fatty acids. Due to its very high concentration of vitamins, it is very nourishing and beneficial for the skin, helping to keep it smooth.
– Kiwifruit Seed Oil (Cold Pressed): Kiwifruit oil is packed full of nutrients and Vitamins C and E. It is an especially good conditioner for hair and beards. It absorbs into the skin at an average speed, leaving a slight oily feeling.
– Vitamin E Oil: Vitamin E oil is rich in fatty acids which are vital to help maintain optimal skin health. It has good moisturising properties. It can help rejuvenate the skin. It is a conditioning agent so it really benefits the skin. Vitamin E supports healthy beard growth.
– Moringa Seed Oil (Cold Pressed): Derived from the seeds of the drumstick tree (often nicknamed “The miracle tree”). It is a highly absorbent oil. It is highly nutritious, and provides a great range and amount of essential proteins, vitamins and minerals. It is a rich source of essential amino acids, and contains a significant amount of vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B6, folate and ascorbic acid (vitamin C). The mineral wealth of moringa includes calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and zinc. Moringa seed oil is very beneficial for the skin and is great for ensuring healthy beard hairs. It serves as a valuable conditioner for beards and hair in general, strengthening the roots and encouraging growth. It is highly effectual in cleansing beards and hair in general.
– Hemp Seed Oil (Virgin – Cold Pressed): Hemp oil is rich in fatty acids, proteins, minerals, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C and E, and other nutrients which are hugely beneficial to beard growth. One of its main benefits is its moisturising qualities. Hemp oil helps prevent water loss and inject moisture into the beard. Hemp oil is high in omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids, which all help stimulate beard growth. Hemp oil is incredibly healthy and beneficial for beards. Please note that Hemp oil does not contain the psychoactive substance tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
– Apricot Kernel Oil (Cold Pressed): Apricot kernel oil is high in vitamins A, C, E and lycopene which makes it hugely beneficial for the skin. The vitamin C in Apricot kernel oil helps soften the skin without causing it to feel greasy. Apricot kernel oil is especially good for sensitive skin. The vitamin A and essential fatty acids in Apricot kernel oil help with keeping the skin really moisturised. Apricot kernel oil is contains oleic and linoleic acids which are great for hair growth. Its high content of vitamins A and E hydrate and condition hair. The vitamin E in Apricot kernel oil supports healthy beard growth.
– Sea Buckthorn Oil (Virgin – Steam Distilled): The berries of the sea buckthorn plant are rich in vitamins and minerals. Because of this, this oil is well known for its skin benefits. It is full of vitamins including vitamins C and E. It contains omega 7 which is an essential fatty acid and is a natural component of the skin. Vitamins A, C and E as well as omega 3 fatty acids in Sea buckthorn oil are all beneficial for beard hairs. Sea buckthorn oil is packed with vitamins, minerals, nutrients and essential fatty acids. These all lavishly moisturise, smooth, and strengthen beards (and hair, skin and nails).
– Sweet Almond Oil (Cold Pressed): Sweet almond oil is an excellent natural emollient and is renowned for its ability to soften and condition the skin. It is high in vitamin D and proteins, and so really nourishes the skin and beard. Sweet almond oil is not a nut oil but a seed oil. Almonds are related to the cherry, peach and plum families and although commonly called nuts are actually seeds (more specifically “drupes” or stone fruits).
– Sesame Seed Oil (Cold Pressed): Rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, D, protein, linoleum acid, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous – Sesame seed oil is an excellent emollient (moisturiser). It absorbs into the skin quickly.
– Avocado Oil (Virgin – Cold Pressed): High in vitamins A, B1, B2, D and E as well as beta carotene, Avocado oil is great for relieving dry skin. It has a slightly thicker consistency to the other oils, and absorbs into the skin quickly. It is a monounsaturated oil which makes it very nourishing for the skin.
This oil may contain some sediment and may have a slight cloudiness to it. This is from the virgin oils used in this oil blend.
To apply sprinkle a few drops of the oil into your palm, rub it between your fingers and apply to the beard. This should be done after showering, while the pores are still open from the warm water and before the beard has dried.
Gently pat the beard with a soft towel and while it’s still damp apply the oil. Rub well into the beard and skin. Finally comb or brush through with a good quality comb (such as a Kent comb) or a boars bristle brush.
Upon first use just use a very small amount on a section of the skin to ensure that you do not have any allergies to any of the ingredients.
BaldyBeardy products do NOT contain:
– Fragrance oils/perfumes (synthetically produced oils, very cheap and not good for the skin),
– Alcohol (e.g. benzyl alcohol),
– Fractionated oils (e.g. liquified coconut oil with its most beneficial fatty acid, lauric acid, removed to increase shelf life),
– Petroleum/mineral oil based ingredients (e.g. petroleum jelly),
– Nut oils (e.g. hazelnut oil, peanut oil).
This oil comes in an amber glass bottle which is the optimal container for storing beard oils in. It keeps the oil protected by keeping it in a darkened environment. Oil blends containing essential oils should not be stored in clear glass bottles as they will cause the oil to deteriorate more rapidly. Oil blends containing essential oils should never be stored in plastic bottles as the plastic eats into the oil over time contaminating it.
This oil is vegan friendly.
The lid is a dropper lid or pipette lid or atomiser spray lid (you choose which).
Other Birch Tar products: