Citrus Burst beard balm
£6.95 – £26.95 VAT included for EU deliveries
Citrus Burst beard balm is a rich, creamy balm which has a beautiful, zesty, citrusy, zingy fruity scent that makes it feel like Summer everyday. An excellent beard hydrating, moisturising, taming and grooming balm for your beard.
Like all BaldyBeardy beard balms, Citrus Burst beard balm is formulated from a range of highly nutritious oils and butters to penetrate the hair shaft, providing hydration, taming and nourishment for your beard, ensuring it is strong, soft, shiny and healthy.
These ingredients provide much needed moisture (by penetrating the follicle to add moisture), softness and elasticity to beards as well as providing extra volume while taming and moulding the beard.
Made by a bearded man especially for bearded men, who understands beards and their needs and where top quality beard care products are an absolute requirement, this beard balm is especially formulated to provide the best care and nourishment for your beard and skin.
This balm comes in 15ml (0.5oz), 30ml (1oz), 60ml (2oz) and 75ml (2.5oz) tins – with screw top lids.
Scent-ometer rating: 3 – medium scent.
Citrus Burst beard balm beard balm is scented using tangerine, lime, orange and grapefruit essential oils.
– Tangerine oil helps in the removal of toxins from the body and increases the oxygen retaining capacity of red blood cells, thereby refreshing and purifying the blood. It is a natural sedative and soothes inflammation. It tones up all the functions in the body. It boosts the immune system to protect the body from infections. It helps maintain oil and moisture balance in the skin and is great for treating cracked skin, dry skin and dandruff. It helps maintain oil and moisture balance in the skin.
– Grapefruit oil is composed primarily of limonene, which is a powerful antioxidant contained in the peels of citrus fruits such as grapefruits, oranges and lemons, and so is also in their essential oils. It is fantastic for cleansing and detoxing the skin as well as having a very uplifting scent. Grapefruit oil works really well to help relieve skin infections, is a natural antiseptic, helps stimulate the mind and body, boosts the immune system and helps relieve anxiety and stress.
– Orange oil provides a nice fruity balance to the spiciness of the cinnamon. Orange oil helps relieve inflammation, and is a natural relaxant thereby helping alleviate stress, anger and anxiety.
– Lime oil is detoxifying in nature. It rejuvenates sagging or tired looking skin. Its antiseptic properties help in treating various skin disorders. Lime is recommended for reducing excessive oil on the skin. It has very calming properties. It is very high in vitamins and improves blood circulation which helps with promoting healthy beard growth. Lime oil is very relaxing, is an excellent antiseptic and is very effective as a hair tonic. It helps keep beards and the hair in general strong, healthy and shiny. It is also very effective in eliminating dandruff. Lime oil has astringent, tonic, antiseptic, antiviral, antimicrobial, restorative, stimulant, and other health-promoting properties. This tonic effects of lime oil helps prevent the appearance of ageing symptoms like hair loss and wrinkles.
Citrus Burst beard balm contains:
– Beeswax: Beeswax is high in vitamin A which locks moisture into the skin, keeping it really soft. it is anti-allergenic and anti-inflammatory making it excellent for soothing irritated skin. It’s also excellent for those who suffer with skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis and rosacea. Beeswax acts as a layer of protection when applied to the skin, protecting it from harsh environmental conditions. Beeswax is not only an excellent natural skin and beard moisturiser, it also locks the moisture in. Beeswax also helps stimulate healthy beard growth.
– Sweet Almond Butter: Sweet almond butter is packed full of essential fatty acids. These are great for beards and the skin as they completely hydrate them and restore elasticity. Almonds are rich in vitamin E which helps protect the skin from sun damage. Sweet almond butter also help reduce the production of free radicals, which cause damage to skin cells leading to lines and wrinkles. It is very softening for the skin and helps make it nice and smooth. The oils in sweet almond butter absorb into the skin quickly and help leave beards soft and shiny. Almonds are stone fruits or “drupes”, related to cherries, peaches and plums – not nuts.
– Aloe Butter: Aloe butter is a very moisturising butter with similar benefits to shea butter. It is a very light butter which rapidly hydrates the skin. Aloe butter helps create skin collagen and keep it renewed and supple. Aloe butter is great for treating skin inflammation, rashes, burns and insect bites.
– Olive Butter: Olive butter is a rich emollient (moisturiser) and so is very good for dry skin. It quickly absorbs into the skin. It is highly moisturising due to its linoleic acid content. It helps leave pores clear as well as leaving the skin feeling soft and nourished. It is rich in antioxidants. These help neutralise damaging free radicals which cause skin ageing. Olive butter contains the moisturising and antioxidant properties of olive oil along with the deep moisturising and skin nourishing qualities of shea butter to create an extra rich emollient for the skin. It also offers anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial benefits.
– Shea Butter: Shea butter is an antioxidant. It helps prevent inflammation, is an excellent moisturiser, is good for the circulation, it strengthens, protects and regenerates the skin. It is a great beard revitaliser. Shea butter relieves dry, dull, limp or damaged beard hairs. It helps relieve skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, rashes, bites, cuts and burns. It is a fantastic anti-ageing product as it stimulates the production of collagen.
– Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is rich is lauric acid. Lauric acid penetrates the hair shaft and nourishes it with vitamins, minerals and fatty acids, improving the overall health of the beard. Coconut oil helps beards to grow longer and thicker. Coconut oil also helps improve blood circulation which in turn helps with healthy beard growth. Rich in vitamin K and vitamin E, coconut oil helps reduce dandruff and dryness, making the follicles more healthy. The lauric acid in coconut oil has strong antiviral and anti-fungal properties. Coconut oil helps tame beard frizziness as it penetrates into the shaft and also helps reduce breakage. It acts as a natural sun screen protecting the beard and skin from sun damage as well as adding moisture, shine and softness to beards.
– Lanolin: Lanolin is a substance secreted by the sebaceous glands of sheep to help protect their skin and wool from the harsh environment. It also works as an excellent sealant for hair and beards. Its waxy consistency helps lock in moisture that is already present in the hair strand. It is good for helping control frizziness and adding shine to beards. It acts as an excellent conditioner and acts as a barrier between your beard and the external environment such as humidity and climate.
– Sweet Almond Oil: Sweet almond oil is an excellent natural emollient and is renowned for its ability to soften and condition the skin. It is high in Vitamin D and proteins and so really nourishes the skin and beard. It soothes dry, irritated skin. It absorbs quickly into the skin. Sweet almond oil is not a nut oil but a seed oil. Almonds are related to the cherry, peach and plum families and although commonly called nuts are actually seeds (more specifically “drupes” or stone fruits).
– Jojoba Oil: Jojoba contains natural collagen almost identical to the structure of the collagen in our skin. Jojoba oil is actually a liquid wax but is often used as a carrier oil as it absorbs rapidly into the skin. It is rich in Vitamin E which promotes a glowing complexion.
– Baobab Oil: Baobab oil is very rich in vitamin C in particular, as well as vitamins A, D, E and fatty acids. Due to its very high concentration of vitamins, it is very nourishing and beneficial for dry skin, helping to promote smooth skin. It improves skin elasticity by encouraging the regeneration of skin cells. It absorbs into the skin quickly.
– Evening Primrose Oil – this oil helps heal and soothe skin issues, reduce inflammation and relieve dandruff. Great for relieving sensitive skin, eczema, rashes and dry hair. Evening Primrose oil contains high levels of essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E, and is very good for dry and mature skin.
This has a beautiful rich creamy texture with an amazingly citrusy scent. This ensures that it is really easy to apply and feels amazing in the beard.
To apply scoop out a pea sized amount of beard balm, rub between the fingers and thumbs and then rub well throughout the beard. Finally comb or brush through with a good quality comb (such as a Kent comb) or boars bristle brush.
Beard balm should always be applied to a dry beard to achieve its full effectiveness.
Upon first use just use a very small amount on a section of the skin to ensure that you do not have any allergies to any of the ingredients.
As this product contains beeswax it is unsuitable for vegans.
This product comes in an aluminium tin. These are the optimal containers for storing beard balms in. Balms are not kept in their optimal condition in glass or plastic jars.
BaldyBeardy products do NOT contain:
– Fragrance oils/perfumes (synthetically produced oils, very cheap and not good for the skin),
– Alcohol (e.g. benzyl alcohol),
– Fractionated oils (e.g. liquified coconut oil with its most beneficial fatty acid, lauric acid, removed to increase shelf life),
– Petroleum/mineral oil based ingredients (e.g. petroleum jelly),
– Nut oils (e.g. hazelnut oil, peanut oil).
Also available are Citrus Burst beard oil, Citrus Burst beard oil and balm combination package, Citrus Burst beard oil and soap combination package and Citrus Burst beard oil, balm and soap combination package.