Beard wash by BaldyBeardy is a gentle, moisturising liquid beard soap wash for men, to ensure your beard is clean, soft, hydrated, moisturised, strong and healthy. It is non-sulphate, detergent and paraben free. A completely natural beard cleaning product. Especially useful for removing grime, grease and product residues without drying out the beard.
Our Beard wash is a mild non drying and very hydrating olive oil (castile), castor oil, coconut oil and evening primrose oil based wash enriched with vitamin E oil and vegetable glycerine.
Made from scratch by a bearded man especially for bearded men, who understands beards and their needs and where top quality ingredients are an absolute requirement, using a range of highly nutritious carrier oils and butters as well as therapeutic essential oils to create the best quality beard shampoo available.
This beard wash is hugely beneficial to beards. Unlike mass produced commercial shampoos, it contains no artificial chemical detergents or foaming agents (sulphates).
It contains a range of oils which have been specially chosen because of their cleansing and moisturising properties and which will leave your beard and skin completely clean without stripping them of their precious natural oils.
Perfect for the skin, and so gentle that it’s usable everyday.
BaldyBeardy beard wash is available in:
– 30ml (1.0oz), 50ml (1.7oz) and 60ml (2oz) bottle with a flip top lid or disc top lid or nozzle top lid or pump spray lid.
– 100ml (3.5oz), 150ml (5.2oz) and 250ml (8.7oz) bottle with flip top lid or disc top lid.
Among the ingredients of your beard wash are:
– Olive Oil – This oil is nature’s natural conditioner and has been used for centuries to condition hair. It nourishes and rejuvenates the skin. It is great for dealing with frizziness and split ends, and acts as a natural beard conditioner leaving your beard shiny and soft.
– Castor Oil – Castor oil is an excellent skin moisturiser due to its high concentration of fatty acids which penetrate the skin easily. Castor oil also has omega-6 essential fatty acids which are responsible for healthy hair. Castor oil ensures that the follicles are kept strong, leading to a more healthy beard growth.
– Coconut Oil – this oil helps protect, moisturise and condition the skin and beard. Great for relieving the skin and hair, and avoiding split ends.
– Evening Primrose Oil – Evening Primrose oil contains high levels of essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E, and is very beneficial for the skin.
– Vitamin E Oil – keeps the skin soft and nourished, giving it a youthful appearance.
– Vegetable Glycerine – Glycerine is a humectant. This means that it is designed to bring moisture in to the beard and retain it by keeping the moisture locked in. The glycerine used in this wash is natural and derived from vegetable oils. Glycerine is excellent if you have a very dry beard. It helps strengthen beard hairs and is an excellent natural conditioner.
– Distilled water (i.e. de-ionised, de-mineralised water with all impurities removed) is used in the production of this wash to give an even smoother wash.
– Phenoxyethanol (a very mild non-sulphate, paraben free preservative).
The wash is then left for at least one month to mature before being ready to be bottled.
First of all don’t expect this beard wash to be thick like mass produced shampoos. These are thickened with detergents/foaming agents such as sodium lauryl and laureth sulphate. These sulphates serve no useful purpose to hair. They simply thicken the shampoo and cause it to lather/foam. In fact they weaken the hairs making them dry, brittle, frizzy and more likely to develop split ends!
BaldyBeardy beard wash uses only the properties of its oils to produce its lather. The consistency is similar to that of a viscous oil. Don’t think that the lack of foaming agents and thickness makes for an inferior shampoo. It is purely natural and so will clean your beard and leave it nicely moisturised and hydrated without stripping it of its precious natural oils.
Your beard wash can be used as often as you wish and will remove oil, balm and other product residues from your beard.
To use your beard wash: Shake the bottle well. Pour some beard wash into your palm (only a small amount is needed, around the size of a penny should suffice – a little goes a long way!) and rub it for a few seconds in a circular motion between your palms to get a bit of a lather going (it won’t lather as much as a chemical detergent based shampoo but it doesn’t need to). After lathering the wash rub it into your beard and then rinse out thoroughly with warm water.
Pat (don’t rub) your beard gently with a dry, soft, warm towel and while it’s still slightly damp apply a little of your favourite BaldyBeardy beard oil.
BaldyBeardy beard washes come in a range of scents as well as an unscented version.
Cinnamon and Orange – (contains a blend of cinnamon and orange oils; scent-o-meter rating: 4 – strong scent),
Citrus Burst – (contains a blend of tangerine, orange, grapefruit and lime oils; scent-o-meter rating: 3 – medium scent),
Cool Peppermint – (contains peppermint oil; scent-o-meter rating: 5 – very strong scent),
Earl Grey – (contains bergamot oil; scent-o-meter rating: 3 – medium scent),
Evening Jasmine – (contains jasmine oil; scent-o-meter rating: 3 – medium scent),
Gingerbread – (contains a blend of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon oils; scent-o-meter rating: 5 – very strong scent),
Lime – (contains lime essential oil; scent-o-meter rating: 4.5 – strong to very strong scent),
Mojito Magic – (contains a blend of bay laurel, peppermint and lime oils; scent-o-meter rating: 4.5 – strong to very strong scent),
Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry – (contains a blend of tangerine, grapefruit and juniper berry oils; scent-o-meter rating: 3.5 – medium to strong scent),
Tea Tree and Eucalyptus – (contains a blend of tea tree and eucalyptus oils; scent-o-meter rating: 4 – strong scent),
Unscented – (contains no essential oils – no scent),
Wellbeing – (contains a blend of rosewood, ylang ylang, neroli and grapefruit oils; scent-o-meter rating: 4 – strong scent).
Like all BaldyBeardy products, upon first use just use a very small amount on a section of the skin to ensure that you do not have any allergies to any of the ingredients.
BaldyBeardy beard washes are vegan friendly.
BaldyBeardy products do NOT contain:
– Fragrance oils/perfumes (synthetically produced oils, very cheap and not good for the skin),
– Alcohol (e.g. benzyl alcohol),
– Fractionated oils (e.g. coconut oil with its most beneficial fatty acid, lauric acid, removed to increase shelf life),
– Petroleum/mineral oil based ingredients (e.g. petroleum jelly),
– Nut oils (e.g. hazelnut oil, peanut oil).
BaldyBeardy beard wash contains a very small ( just under 1%) of Phenoxyethanol. It sounds terrible but it really isn’t. Phenoxyethanol is a very mild non-sulphate, paraben free preservative. Because shampoo is primarily water based and this shampoo contains no detergents, it is much more susceptible to bacteria, mould and yeast forming over time in it. Only a very small amount of Phenoxyethanol is needed to prevent this from happening. Phenoxyethanol is considered a very safe and effective preservative when used in amounts approved (up to a 1% concentration) in leave-on and rinse-off water-based cosmetic products. Although phenoxyethanol looks and sounds like an alcohol (has “ethanol” in the title), it has completely different properties to alcohol/ethanol.