Snappy Gent beard oil is made from a range of highly nutritious and beneficial carrier oils as well as therapeutic essential oils. These ensure that your beard is nicely conditioned and hydrated, healthy and feels super silky soft. It has a beautiful woody, herbaceous, slightly floral scent. Perfect for the bearded gent whether an experienced beardsman or starting on a beard growing journey.
Made by a bearded man especially for bearded men, who understands beards and their needs and where top quality beard care products are an absolute requirement, these beard care, grooming and maintenance products are especially formulated to provide the best care and nourishment for your beard and skin.
This beard conditioning oil has a woodsy and refreshing scent of cedarwood, sandalwood, tea tree, rosemary and lime. 100% scented with pure essential oils. A splash of this beard oil is the perfect way to start the day and invigorate your beard. It is a lovely, outdoorsy, Antipodean themed fragrance.
This oil comes in a 5ml (0.17oz), 10ml (0.35oz), 20ml (0.7oz), 30ml (1oz), 50ml (1.75oz) and 100ml (3.5oz) bottle.
Snappy Gent beard oil contains an amazing blend of essential oils, which are all very beneficial for the beard and skin, as well as blending together wonderfully to give a lovely herbaceous aroma.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is very effective as an antiseptic, is a natural relaxant, helps slow down the signs of skin ageing and is an aphrodisiac! It is a really good oil for helping treat sleeplessness, mental strain and stress, resulting in a feeling of calmness, relaxation, with a greater sense of well being and upliftedness. Not to mention it being great for regenerating and rejuvenating beards and the skin. Sandalwood oil has a musty, woody, distinctive soft, warm, smooth, creamy aroma.
- Tea Tree: Tea Tree oil has antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral and anti-fungal properties. It is very effective in naturally treating dandruff and dry skin. It increases blood flow which helps keep the follicle healthy, ensuring a healthy beard growth.
- Lime: Lime essential oil is detoxifying in nature. It rejuvenates sagging or tired looking skin. Its antiseptic properties help in treating various skin disorders. Lime is recommended for reducing excessive oil on the skin. It has very calming properties. It is very high in vitamins and really boosts the immune system. It improves blood circulation which helps with promoting healthy beard growth. Lime oil helps provide relief from insomnia, is an excellent antiseptic and is very effective as a hair tonic. It helps keep beards and the hair in general strong, healthy and shiny. It is also very effective in eliminating dandruff. Lime oil has astringent, tonic, antiseptic, antiviral, antimicrobial, restorative, stimulant, and other health-promoting properties. This tonic effects of lime oil helps prevent the appearance of ageing symptoms like hair loss and wrinkles.
- Cedarwood: Cedarwood is a natural antiseptic. It improves overall health and wellness. Cedarwood oil is a natural mosquito and insect repellant. It is a very good natural sedative and cures inflammations and itching of skin. It is very good for helping relieve beard itch.
- Rosemary: Regular use of rosemary oil helps to stimulate follicles, making hair grow longer and stronger, so it's really good for beards. Rosemary essential oil is also beneficial for dry and flaky skin. It's a good natural remedy for dandruff (very like tea tree oil also is). Rosemary oil has antiseptic qualities which make it beneficial in helping to eliminate eczema, dermatitis, oily skin, and acne. It helps with toning the skin and removing dryness. It can also give the skin a healthy, even glow. Rosemary oil is a good mood elevator and stress reliever.
Scent-ometer rating: 3 - medium scent.
There are 2 different blends of this oil to choose from:
- ORIGINAL blend and JUPITER blend.
Both versions of this oil have light consistencies. They are quickly absorbed without leaving the skin feeling oily.
Both oil blends contain:
- Jojoba Oil (Virgin - Cold Pressed): Jojoba contains natural collagen almost identical to the structure of the collagen in our skin. Jojoba oil is actually a liquid wax but is often used as a carrier oil as it absorbs rapidly into the skin. It is rich in vitamin E which promotes a glowing complexion. It is also high in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E. It leaves a slightly oily feeling on the skin.
- Watermelon Seed Oil (Steam Distilled): Watermelon seed oil is a rich source of of beta-carotene which is a powerful antioxidant and is hugely beneficial in the healing and repair of the skin. It helps combat the signs of premature ageing caused by lifestyle and environmental factors. It is naturally rich in vitamins, minerals and fatty acids. Its restorative and nourishing properties help dissolve the build up of excess sebum thereby helping maintain a healthy and clear complexion.
- Baobab Seed Oil (Virgin - Cold Pressed): Derived from the seeds of the Baobab tree in Africa, Baobab oil is very rich in Vitamin C in particular, as well as vitamins A, D, E and essential fatty acids. Due to its very high concentration of vitamins, it is very nourishing and beneficial for dry skin, helping to promote smooth skin. It improves skin elasticity by encouraging the regeneration of skin cells. It absorbs into the skin quickly and encourages the regeneration of skin cells.
- Kiwi Seed Oil (Cold Pressed): Kiwi oil is packed full of nutrients and Vitamins C and E. It is an especially good conditioner for hair and beards. It is excellent for helping relieve eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and dry skin. It absorbs into the skin at an average speed, leaving a slight oily feeling.
- Vitamin E Oil: Vitamin E oil is rich in fatty acids which are vital to help maintain optimal skin health. It helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and has good moisturising properties. It is particularly good for dry skin conditions and can help rejuvenate, revitalise, tone and restore the skin's natural elasticity. It is an antioxidant and conditioning agent so it helps strengthen, heal and repair dry skin. Vitamin E supports healthy beard growth. It ensures that your skin is really smooth.
- Moringa Seed Oil (Cold Pressed): Derived from the seeds of the drumstick tree (often nicknamed "The miracle tree"), all parts of this tree are used for medicinal purposes. It is a highly absorbent oil. It is highly nutritious, and provides a great range and amount of essential proteins, vitamins and minerals. It is a rich source of essential amino acids, and contains a significant amount of vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B6, folate and ascorbic acid (vitamin C). The mineral wealth of moringa includes calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and zinc. Moringa seed oil is very beneficial for the skin and is great for ensuring healthy beard hairs. It serves as a valuable conditioner for beards and hair in general, strengthening the roots and stimulating growth. The hydrating and detoxifying effects of moringa help in neutralising the effects of harmful pollutants, preventing wrinkles and slowing premature skin ageing. It is highly effectual in cleansing and purifying the hair and protects it from environmental damage, including ultra violet radiation from the sun.
- Hemp Seed Oil (Virgin - Cold Pressed): Hemp oil is rich in fatty acids, proteins, minerals, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C and E and other nutrients which are hugely beneficial to beard growth. One of its main benefits is its moisturising qualities. Hemp oil helps prevent water loss and inject moisture into the beard. Hemp oil is high in omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids, which all help stimulate beard growth. Hemp oil helps prevent hair breakage by maintaining the hair’s natural texture. Hemp oil is incredibly healthy and beneficial for beards. Please note that Hemp Seed oil does not contain the psychoactive substance tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- Apricot Kernel Oil (Cold Pressed): Apricot kernel oil is high in vitamins A, C, E and lycopene which makes it hugely beneficial for the skin. The vitamin C helps soften the skin and helps treat a variety of skin conditions without causing the skin to feel greasy. It reduces wrinkles and promotes skin elasticity. It helps unblock pores. Apricot oil is especially good for sensitive skin. The vitamin A and essential fatty acids in Apricot oil help with keeping the skin really moisturised. Apricot oil is contains oleic and linoleic acids which are great for hair. Its high content of vitamins A and E makes it great for hydrating and conditioning hair. It is really good for treating dandruff and relieving skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis and dry skin. The vitamin E in apricot kernel oil supports healthy beard growth.
- Sea Buckthorn Oil (Virgin - Steam Distilled): The berries of the sea buckthorn plant are rich in vitamins and minerals. Because of this, this oil is well known for its skin benefits. Sea buckthorn oil reduces wrinkles, regenerates skin cells, and promotes the healing of skin injuries such as sunburn, as helping to relieve eczema and dermatitis. It is full of antioxidants and vitamins including vitamins C and E. It contains omega 7 which is an essential fatty acid and a natural component of the skin. Vitamins A, C and E as well as omega 3 fatty acids are all beneficial for beard hairs. Sea buckthorn oil is full of these. Sea buckthorn oil is packed with vitamins, minerals, nutrients and essential fatty acids. These all lavishly moisturise, smooth, and strengthen beards (and hair, skin and nails).
The ORIGINAL blend oil also contains:
- Sweet Almond Oil (Cold Pressed): Sweet almond oil is an excellent natural emollient and is renowned for its ability to soften and condition the skin. It is high in vitamin D and proteins and so really nourishes the skin and beard. Sweet almond oil is not a nut oil but a seed oil. Almonds are related to the cherry, peach and plum families and although commonly called nuts are actually seeds (more specifically "drupes" or stone fruits).
- Sesame Seed Oil (Cold Pressed): Rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, D, protein, linoleum acid, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous - sesame oil is an excellent emollient (moisturiser). It has a slightly thicker consistency and absorbs into the skin quickly.
- Avocado Oil (Virgin - Cold Pressed): High in vitamins A, B1, B2, D and E as well as beta carotene, it is great for relieving dry skin. It has a slightly thicker consistency and absorbs into the skin quickly. It is a monounsaturated oil which makes it very nourishing for the skin - especially dry and dehydrated skin. It also helps reduce skin itchiness.
The JUPITER blend oil also contains:
- Poppy Seed Oil (Cold Pressed): This oil is high in minerals such as zinc, magnesium and calcium - all of which contribute to healthy hair and beard growth. These minerals also help prevent thinning, split ends and dandruff. It is a highly nutritious oil for the skin and beard, giving the skin a lovely, clear, glowing complexion. It is an excellent natural hair conditioner. It is highly moisturising and gives the skin a nice feeling of renewal. It contains lineolic acid (omega 6 fatty acids) which is really good for relieving skin conditions such as eczema and itchiness. It is also high in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Passionfruit Seed Oil (Cold Pressed): This oil is high in vitamin A and potassium, which both help keep the skin healthy. It is antibacterial so it is good for relieving skin conditions, and anti-itch too. It has a very soothing effect on the skin and is quickly absorbed with no greasy residue. It is full of minerals such as beta carotene, phosphorus and potassium which all help reduce dryness and keep the skin healthy, shiny and hydrated. It is high in the essential fatty acids omega 6 (lineolic acid) and omega 9 (oleic acid) - which help cell renewal and promote healthy skin and hair. It is an excellent emollient (moisturiser), has antioxidant properties, and is also good for helping relieve sun damaged skin.
- Maracuja Oil (Cold Pressed): This oil is a natural skin emollient (moisturiser). It is rich in omega 6 fatty acids (lineolic acid) as well as vitamin C, calcium and phosphorus. It nourishes the skin and helps soothe inflammation as well as relieving dry skin. It encourages healthy hair and beard growth, making them look rich and luscious. It is excellent for relieving and rejuvenating dry, brittle and damaged hair.
- Peach Kernel Oil (Cold Pressed): Rich in vitamins A, C and E as well as polyunsaturated fatty acids, this oil has high antioxidant properties. It is a very nourishing oil, regenerative and moisturising, and is especially good for soothing sensitive, dry and inflamed skin. The high vitamin C content in Peach kernel oil is a powerful antioxidant and acts as a defence against harmful free radicals. It is offers natural UVB skin protection, and revitalises, regenerates and moisturises the skin. It is also rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids including lineolic acid (omega 6) and oleic acid (omega 9), both of which help prevent the damaging effect of free radicals, as well as locking in skin moisture and retaining skin elasticity.
- Marula Oil (Cold Pressed): This oil is rich in antioxidants and oleic acid (omega 9 fatty acids). It is very beneficial for relieving and soothing very dry skin. It is a very hydrating and nutritious oil, and moisturises the skin and beards very well. It is high in vitamin C and omega 9 essential fatty acids which both make it very effective for maintaining skin elasticity, and cell renewal and resilience. It helps reduce the signs of skin ageing and is a very effective oil for helping prevent split ends. It ensures that beards are shiny, and very healthy and strong. It is a quickly absorbing oil.
This oil may contain some sediment and may have a slight cloudiness to it. This is from the virgin oils used in this oil.
To apply sprinkle a few drops of the oil into your palm, rub it between your fingers and apply to the beard. This should be done after showering, while the pores are still open from the warm water and before the beard has dried.
Gently pat (don't rub) the beard with a soft towel and while it is still damp apply the oil. Rub well into the beard and skin. Finally comb or brush through with a good quality comb (such as a Kent comb) or a boars bristle brush.
Upon first use just use a very small amount on a section of the skin to ensure that you do not have any allergies to any of the ingredients.
BaldyBeardy products do NOT contain:
- Fragrance oils/perfumes (synthetically produced oils, very cheap and not good for the skin),
- Alcohol (e.g. benzyl alcohol),
- Fractionated oils (e.g. liquified coconut oil with its most beneficial fatty acid, lauric acid, removed to increase shelf life),
- Petroleum/mineral oil based ingredients (e.g. petroleum jelly),
- Nut oils (e.g. hazelnut oil, peanut oil).
This oil comes in an amber glass bottle which is the optimal container for storing beard oils in. It keeps the oil protected by keeping it in a darkened environment.
Oil blends containing essential oils should not be stored in clear glass bottles as they will cause the oil to deteriorate more rapidly.
Oil blends containing essential oils should never be stored in plastic bottles as the plastic eats into the oil over time contaminating it.
This oil is vegan friendly.
The lid is a dropper lid or pipette lid or atomiser spray lid (you choose which).