BaldyBeardy "Swishy Whiskers" beard wash is a gentle, moisturising liquid beard soap wash for men, to ensure your facial hair is clean, soft, hydrated, moisturised, strong and healthy. It is non-sulfate, detergent and paraben free. A completely natural beard cleaning product. Especially useful for removing product residues without drying out the beard.
It is a mild non drying and very hydrating olive oil (castile), castor oil, coconut oil and evening primrose oil based shampoo enriched with vitamin E oil and vegetable glycerine. It is hugely beneficial to beards.
Made from scratch by a bearded man especially for bearded men, who understands beards and their needs and where top quality ingredients are an absolute requirement, using a range of highly nutritious carrier oils and butters as well as therapeutic essential oils to create the best quality beard shampoo available.
This beard wash shampoo shampoo is hugely beneficial to beards. Unlike mass produced commercial shampoos, it contains no artificial chemical detergents or foaming agents (sulfates).
It contains a range of oils which have been specially chosen because of their cleansing and moisturising properties and which will leave your beard and skin completely clean without stripping them of their precious natural oils.
Perfect for sensitive skin, beard dandruff, beard itching, and so gentle that it's usable everyday.
This beard wash comes in a number of different bottle sizes and lid types:
- 30ml bottle with flip top lid,
- 50ml bottle with flip top lid,
- 60ml bottle with pump spray lid
- 100ml bottle with flip top lid,
- 100ml bottle with disc top lid,
- 150ml bottle with flip top lid,
- 150ml bottle with disc top lid.
Among the core ingredients are:
- Olive Oil - This oil is nature's natural conditioner and has been used for centuries to condition hair. It is rich in antioxidants and helps prevent skin ageing. It also nourishes, rejuvenates and guards the skin. Olive oil helps dispose of free radicals thus healing the skin. It is great for preventing beard dandruff, frizziness, split ends and acts as a natural beard conditioner leaving your beard shiny and soft.
- Castor Oil - Castor oil is great for treating skin conditions such as dry skin, acne and sunburn. Castor oil penetrates deep into the skin and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin. These help soften and hydrate the skin. It acts as a protective barrier on the skin which will protect it against harsh environmental conditions. It delays the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, making the skin smoother, softer and younger looking. Castor oil is an excellent skin moisturiser due to its high concentration of fatty acids which penetrate the skin easily. Castor oil boosts blood circulation to the follicles, leading to faster hair growth. The oil also has omega-6 essential fatty acids which are responsible for healthy hair.
- Coconut Oil - this oil helps protect, moisturise and condition the skin and beard. Great for relieving dry skin, oily skin, sensitive skin, dry hair and split ends.
- Evening Primrose Oil - this oil helps heal skin issues and reduce inflammation. Great for relieving sensitive skin, eczema, rashes and dry hair.
- Vitamin E Oil - this oil protects the skin from oxygen free radicals, thus making it soft and nourished, giving it a youthful appearance.
- Vegetable Glycerine - Glycerine is a humectant. This means that it is designed to bring moisture in to the beard and retain it by keeping the moisture locked in. The glycerine used in this shampoo is natural and derived from vegetable oils. Glycerine is excellent if you have a very dry beard. It helps strengthen hair elasticity, prevents hair breakage, improves hair strength and is an excellent natural conditioner.
- Distilled water (i.e. de-ionised, de-mineralised water with all impurities removed) is used in the production of this shampoo to give an even smoother shampoo.
The wash is then left for at least one month to mature before being ready to be bottled.
First of all don't expect this beard wash to be thick like mass produced shampoos. These are thickened with detergents/foaming agents such as sodium lauryl and laureth sulfate. These sulfates serve no useful purpose to hair. They simply thicken the shampoo and cause it to lather/foam. In fact they weaken the hairs making them dry, brittle, frizzy and more likely to develop split ends!
Swishy Whiskers beard wash uses only the properties of its oils to produce its lather. The consistency is similar to that of a viscous oil. Don't think that the lack of foaming agents and thickness makes for an inferior shampoo. It is purely natural and so will clean your beard and leave it nicely moisturised and hydrated without stripping it of its precious natural oils.
It can be used as often as you wish and will remove oil, balm and other product residues from your beard.
To use: Shake the bottle well. Pour some beard wash into your palm (only a small amount is needed, around the size of a penny should suffice - a little goes a long way!) and rub it for a few seconds in a circular motion between your palms to get a bit of a lather going (it won't lather as much as a chemical detergent based shampoo but it doesn't need to). After lathering the wash rub it into your beard and then rinse out thoroughly with warm water. Pat (don't rub) your beard gently with a dry, soft, warm towel and while it's still slightly damp apply a little of your favourite BaldyBeardy beard oil.
Swishy Whiskers beard washes come in a range of scents as well as an unscented version.
- Birch Tar,
- Cinnamon and Orange Delight,
- Cinnamon and Vanilla,
- Citrus Burst,
- Cool Peppermint,
- Creamy Vanilla
- Earl Grey,
- Evening Jasmine,
- Mojito Magic,
- Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry,
- Tea Tree and Eucalyptus,
- Turkish Delight,
- White Rum.
Like all BaldyBeardy products, upon first use just use a very small amount on a section of the skin to ensure that you do not have any allergies to any of the ingredients.
This beard wash is vegan friendly.
BaldyBeardy products do NOT contain:
- Fragrance oils/perfumes (synthetically produced oils, very cheap and not good for the skin),
- Alcohol (e.g. benzyl alcohol),
- Fractionated oils (e.g. coconut oil with its most beneficial fatty acid, lauric acid, removed to increase shelf life),
- Petroleum/mineral oil based ingredients (e.g. petroleum jelly),
- Nut oils (e.g. hazelnut oil, peanut oil).
This beard wash contains a very small ( just under 1%) of Phenoxyethanol. It sounds terrible but it really isn’t. Phenoxyethanol is a very mild non-sulfate, paraben free preservative. Because shampoo is primarily water based and this shampoo contains no detergents, it is much more susceptible to bacteria, mold and yeast forming over time in it. Only a very small amount of Phenoxyethanol is needed to prevent this from happening.
Phenoxyethanol is considered a very safe and effective preservative when used in amounts approved (up to a 1% concentration) in leave-on and rinse-off water-based cosmetic products.
Although phenoxyethanol looks and sounds like an alcohol (has "ethanol" in the title), it has completely different properties to alcohol/ethanol.