Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry beard soap
£3.95 – £24.95 VAT included for EU deliveries
Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry beard soap (approx. 25g, 50g, 100g and 200g bars) – is a beard hydrating, cleaning, moisturising soap. A natural, SLS free (sulfate free), detergent free, paraben free bar soap shampoo especially formulated by a bearded man for bearded men.
Made up of a range of highly nutritious carrier oils and butters as well as therapeutic essential oils, it really is the ultimate soap for beard cleaning, hydrating and care.
Made by a bearded man especially for bearded men, who understands beards and their needs and where top quality beard care products are an absolute requirement, this beard soap is especially formulated to provide the best care and nourishment for your beard and skin.
This soap is hugely beneficial to beards. Unlike mass produced commercial soaps it contains no artificial chemical detergents or foaming agents (sulfates). It contains a range of oils which have been specially chosen because of their cleansing and moisturising properties and which will leave your beard and skin completely clean without stripping them of their precious natural oils.
Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry beard soap has a beautiful citrusy scent with a little bit of bitterness from the juniper to balance out the citrus perfectly. It combines the wonderfully citrus scents of ripe and juicy tangerine and grapefruit, along with a hint of luscious, deep, rich and slightly bitter juniper berries.
Perfect for sensitive skin, beard dandruff, beard itching, and so gentle that it’s usable everyday.
Scent-ometer rating: 3 – medium scent.
Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry beard soap is scented using Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper essential oils.
– Tangerine oil stimulates the generation of new cells. This aids the healing and repairing to the body of damage caused by the regular wear and tear of everyday living. Tangerine essential oil helps in the removal of toxins from the body and increases the oxygen retaining capacity of red blood cells, thereby refreshing and purifying the blood. It is a natural sedative and soothes inflammation. It helps reduce feelings of anxiety and anger. It tones up all the functions in the body. It boosts the immune system to protect the body from infections. It helps maintain oil and moisture balance in the skin and is great for treating cracked skin, dry skin and dandruff. It helps maintain oil and moisture balance in the skin.
– Grapefruit oil is composed primarily of limonene, which is a powerful antioxidant contained in the peels of citrus fruits such as grapefruits, oranges and lemons, and so is also in their essential oils. It is fantastic for cleansing and detoxing the skin as well as having a very uplifting scent. Grapefruit oil works really well to help relieve skin infections, is a natural antiseptic, helps stimulate the mind and body, boosts the immune system and helps relieve anxiety and stress.
– Juniper oil is one of the best natural antiseptics you can get. It prevents wounds from becoming septic or tetanus developing. It improves blood circulation which is really good for promoting beard growth. Juniper is an astringent, so it strengthens hairs and helps stops hair loss. It helps remove toxins from the body and keeps the skin looking healthy and well oxygenated. It’s very good for helping overcome tiredness. Juniper oil is also considered a tonic, because it tones up everything, including the muscles, tissues, skin, and hair. Juniper oil is excellent for relieving a series of skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis and dandruff.
Among the ingredients are:
– Sweet Almond Oil – this oil moisturises and lubricates the skin and beard, conditions, retains moisture, calms the skin, removes impurities and dead skin, and helps prevent wrinkles. This is the perfect beard oil as it helps soothe dry skin, itching, inflammation of skin under the beard, eczema, dandruff and split ends. It is high in vitamin D and proteins and so really nourishes the skin and beard. Sweet almond oil is not a nut oil but a seed oil. Almonds are related to the cherry, peach and plum families and although commonly called nuts are actually seeds (more specifically “drupes” or stone fruits).
– Avocado Oil – this oil moisturises the skin and beard, improves skin elasticity, increases collagen, and removes skin impurities. It is perfect for if you have dry skin, sensitive skin or skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. High in vitamins A, B1, B2, D and E as well as beta carotene, it is great for relieving dry skin. It is a monounsaturated oil which makes it very nourishing for the skin – especially dry and dehydrated skin. It also helps reduce skin itchiness.
– Coconut Oil – this oil helps protect, moisturise and condition the skin and beard. Great for relieving dry skin, oily skin, sensitive skin, dry hair and split ends. Coconut oil is rich is lauric acid. Lauric acid penetrates the hair shaft and nourishes it with vitamins, minerals and fatty acids, improving the overall health of the beard. Coconut oil helps beards to grow longer and thicker. Coconut oil also helps improve blood circulation which in turn helps with healthy beard growth. Rich in vitamin K and vitamin E, coconut oil helps reduce dandruff and dryness, making the follicles more healthy. The lauric acid in coconut oil has strong antiviral and anti-fungal properties which target dandruff and other fungi, viruses and bacteria as well as insect bites. Coconut oil helps tame beard frizziness as it penetrates into the shaft and also helps reduce breakage. It acts as a natural sun screen protecting the beard and skin from sun damage as well as adding moisture, shine and softness to beards.
– Evening Primrose Oil – this oil helps heal and soothe skin issues, reduce inflammation and relieve dandruff. Great for relieving sensitive skin, eczema, rashes and dry hair. Evening Primrose oil contains high levels of essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E, and is very good for dry and mature skin.
– Jojoba Oil – this oil has nourishing and protective qualities for the beard and skin. Great for relieving oily skin, inflammation, acne, dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis. Jojoba contains natural collagen almost identical to the structure of the collagen in our skin. Jojoba oil is actually a liquid wax but is often used as a carrier oil as it absorbs rapidly into the skin. It is rich in vitamin E which promotes a glowing complexion. It is also high in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E.
– Canola Oil – this oil is excellent for skin and has long been used as a remedy for skin ailments. It is rich in vitamins E and K, which both help to eradicate skin problems like wrinkles, acne and blemishes. It helps make the skin supple and glowing. Canola oil is an excellent moisturiser for dry skin. For beards it helps combat dryness, breakage, frizziness and split ends. It coats the beard from dirt, pollution and damage from the sun as well as penetrating the hair shaft to moisturise and repair damaged beard hairs. It’s also excellent for treating beard dandruff.
– Olive Oil – This oil is nature’s natural conditioner and has been used for centuries to condition hair. It is rich in antioxidants and helps prevent skin ageing. It also nourishes, rejuvenates and guards the skin. Olive oil helps dispose of free radicals thus healing the skin. It is great for preventing beard dandruff, frizziness, split ends and acts as a natural beard conditioner leaving your beard shiny and soft.
– Shea Butter – Shea butter is an antioxidant. It helps prevent inflammation, is an excellent moisturiser, is good for the circulation, it strengthens, protects and regenerates the skin. It is a great beard revitaliser. Shea butter relieves dry, dull, limp or damaged beard hairs. It helps relieve skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, rashes, bites, cuts and burns. It is a fantastic anti-ageing product as it stimulates the production of collagen.
– Cupuacu Butter – this butter is native to the Amazon rainforest in Brazil. The butter is pressed from seeds of the tree. Cupuacu butter nourishes the hair with vitamins and minerals, keeping it healthier and reducing frizziness. It has moisture sealing properties, which keep hair softer for longer. It penetrates the hair cuticle, fortifying it, due to the high amounts of saturated and monounsaturated fats in it. It increases skin hydration and acts as an emollient to ensure a soft and conditioned feel on the skin. Its moisturising benefits help restore skin elasticity. It also combats damaging free radicals and has anti-inflammatory properties.
– Beeswax – Beeswax improves the condition and texture of the skin. It also has a number of benefits in treating skin problems like acne, eczema, and dry skin. Beeswax helps to lock in skin moisture, thereby protecting the skin from environmental damage as well as helping keep the skin nice and soft. Beeswax contains powerful anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that are all beneficial to the skin. Beeswax is excellent in helping treat dry skin. It is rich in vitamin A and its emollient properties help in the healthy development of skin cells. It is an excellent natural moisturiser. It is also really good at treating skin itchiness and dry skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
– Castor Oil – Castor oil is great for treating skin conditions such as dry skin, acne and sunburn. Castor oil penetrates deep into the skin and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin. These help soften and hydrate the skin. It acts as a protective barrier on the skin which will protect it against harsh environmental conditions.It delays the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, making the skin smoother, softer and younger looking. Castor oil is an excellent skin moisturiser due to its high concentration of fatty acids which penetrate the skin easily. Castor oil boosts blood circulation to the follicles, leading to faster hair growth. The oil also has omega-6 essential fatty acids which are responsible for healthy hair.
– 100% RSPO/Certified Sustainable Palm Oil – Palm oil is an excellent natural conditioner. It strengthens beard hairs and makes them shiny, silky soft and moisturised. Palm oil is excellent for hair growth. It provides thorough conditioning, thickens hair and makes hair stronger. It is very high in vitamins A and E, the later being a strong antioxidant which helps the skin to fight free radicals that damage the skin, causing fine lines and wrinkles. It gives the skin a healthy glossy look without looking and feeling greasy. It provides much relief to itchy skin. The moisture content in palm oil is very beneficial for hair and skin. The palm oil used is 100% RSPO/Certified Sustainable palm oil from Malaysia.
– Apricot Kernel Oil – Apricot oil is high in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B17 (Amygdalin), C, E and lycopene which makes it hugely beneficial, rich and nourishing for the skin. The vitamin C helps soften the skin and treats a variety of skin conditions without causing the skin to feel greasy. It reduces wrinkles and promotes skin elasticity. It helps unblock pores. Apricot oil is especially good for sensitive skin. The vitamin A and essential fatty acids in Apricot oil help with keeping the skin really moisturised. Apricot oil is contains oleic and linoleic acids which are great for hair. Its high content of vitamins A and E makes it great for hydrating and conditioning hair. It is really good for treating dandruff and relieving skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis and dry skin. The vitamin E in Apricot oil supports healthy beard growth.
– Aloe Butter – Aloe Butter aids in rapid hydration of dry skin caused by eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, sun burn, wind burn, and general chapping. Aloe butter is very soothing for the skin and rapidly hydrates and moisturises the skin especially when it is dry. It has natural anti-inflammatory properties and is excellent for those with skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, rosacea as well as soothing sunburn and windburn.
– Distilled water (i.e. de-ionised, de-mineralised water with all impurities removed) is used in the production of this soap to give an even smoother soap.
– Phenoxyethanol is a very mild non-sulfate, paraben free preservative. Because soap is primarily water based and this soap contains no detergents, it is much more susceptible to bacteria, mold and yeast forming over time in it. Only a very small amount of phenoxyethanol is needed to prevent this from happening. Phenoxyethanol is considered a very safe and effective preservative when used in amounts approved (up to a 1% concentration) in leave-on and rinse-off water-based cosmetic products.
Although phenoxyethanol looks and sounds like an alcohol (has “ethanol” in the title), it has completely different properties to alcohol/ethanol.
The texture of Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry beard soap is a little soft. This is due to it being packed full of moisturising oils. It gives a good lather.
It can be used as often as you wish and is great for removing oil, balm and other product residues from your beard.
After lathering the soap rub it into your beard and then rinse out thoroughly with warm water. Pat (don’t rub) the beard gently with a dry, soft, warm towel and while it is still damp apply a little of the beard oil.
Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry beard soaps weigh approximately:
- 25g each for the mini soap,
- 50g each for the standard sized soap,
- 100g (2 x 50g) each for the large soaps,
- 200g (4 x 50g) each for the extra large soaps.
No two bars are the same so they may vary very slightly in weight and size.
Like all BaldyBeardy products, upon first use just use a very small amount on a section of the skin to ensure that you do not have any allergies to any of the ingredients.
Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry beard soap is unsuitable for vegans (as it contains some beeswax). It comes wrapped in wax paper.
BaldyBeardy products do NOT contain:
– Fragrance oils/perfumes (synthetically produced oils, very cheap and not good for the skin),
– Alcohol (e.g. benzyl alcohol),
– Fractionated oils (e.g. liquified coconut oil with its most beneficial fatty acid, lauric acid, removed to increase shelf life),
– Petroleum/mineral oil based ingredients (e.g. petroleum jelly),
– Nut oils (e.g. hazelnut oil, peanut oil).
All batches of soap are tested using both Phenolphthalein (this is not in the soap itself, a small sample is removed, tested with the Phenolphthalein and then discarded) and litmus paper to ensure they have a neutral pH balance.
Also available are: Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry beard balm, Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry beard oil, Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry beard oil and balm combination package, Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry beard oil and soap combination package and Tangerine, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry beard oil, balm and soap combination package.
Chocolate Truffles beard oilRated 4.00 out of 5£4.95 – £44.95 VAT included for EU deliveries Select options
Tea Tree and Eucalyptus beard soapRated 4.92 out of 5£3.95 – £24.95 VAT included for EU deliveries Select options
Citrus Burst beard soapRated 5.00 out of 5£3.95 – £24.95 VAT included for EU deliveries Select options
Evergreen beard oilRated 5.00 out of 5£4.95 – £44.95 VAT included for EU deliveries Select options