Citrus Burst beard soap (approx. 25g, 50g, 100g and 200g bars) – is a beard hydrating, cleaning, moisturising soap. A natural, SLS free (sulphate free), detergent free, paraben free bar soap especially formulated by a bearded man for bearded men.
Made up of a range of highly nutritious carrier oils and butters as well as therapeutic essential oils, it really is the ultimate soap for beard cleaning, hydrating and care.
Made by a bearded man especially for bearded men, who understands beards and their needs and where top quality beard care products are an absolute requirement, this beard soap is especially formulated to provide the best care and nourishment for your beard and skin.
Citrus Burst beard soap is hugely beneficial to beards. Unlike mass produced commercial soaps it contains no artificial chemical detergents or foaming agents (sulphates). It contains a range of oils which have been specially chosen because of their cleansing and moisturising properties and which will leave your beard and skin completely clean without stripping them of their precious natural oils.
Made using a unique blend of Orange, Tangerine, Lime and Grapefruit essential oils, Citrus Burst beard soap has a beautiful, zesty, citrusy, zingy aroma that will help invigorate you as you start your day as well as very gently cleaning your beard without stripping it of its precious natural oils, leaving it clean, healthy, shiny and strong.
Citrus Burst beard soap is really good for the skin and so gentle that it’s usable everyday.
Scent-ometer rating: 3 – medium scent.
Citrus Burst beard soap is scented using Orange, Tangerine, Lime and Grapefruit essential oils. A really juicy and invigorating combination.
– Orange oil is a natural relaxant. Orange oil is very good for maintaining healthy, smooth and shiny skin. Orange oil stimulates the hair follicle, which is good for beard growth.
– Tangerine oil helps maintain oil and moisture balance in the skin and is great for hydrating the skin.
– Grapefruit oil is composed primarily of Limonene, contained in the peels of citrus fruits such as grapefruits, oranges and lemons, and so is also in their essential oils. It is fantastic for cleansing the skin as well as having a very uplifting scent.
– Lime: Lime essential is very high in vitamins. It helps with promoting healthy beard growth. Lime oil helps keep beards and the hair in general strong, healthy and shiny.
Among the ingredients in Citrus Burst beard soap are:
– Sweet Almond Oil – this oil is an excellent natural emollient and is renowned for its ability to soften and condition the skin. It is high in vitamin D and proteins, and so really nourishes the skin and beard. Sweet almond oil is not a nut oil but a seed oil. Almonds are related to the cherry, peach and plum families and although commonly called nuts are actually seeds (more specifically “drupes” or stone fruits).
– Avocado Oil – this oil moisturises the skin and beard. It is perfect for dry skin or sensitive skin.
– Coconut Oil – this oil helps protect, moisturise and condition the skin and beard. Great for relieving the skin and hair, and avoiding split ends.
– Evening Primrose Oil – Evening Primrose oil contains high levels of essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E, and is very beneficial for the skin.
– Jojoba Oil – Jojoba contains natural collagen almost identical to the structure of the collagen in our skin. Jojoba oil is actually a liquid wax but is often used as a carrier oil as it absorbs rapidly into the skin. It is rich in vitamin E which promotes a glowing complexion.
– Canola Oil – Canola oil is excellent for the skin. It is rich in vitamins E and K. It helps make the skin supple and glowing. Canola oil is an excellent moisturiser for dry skin. For beards it helps combat dryness, breakage, frizziness and split ends. It penetrates the hair shaft to moisturise and replenish beard hairs.
– Olive Oil – This oil is nature’s natural conditioner and has been used for centuries to condition hair. It nourishes and rejuvenates the skin. It is great for dealing with frizziness and split ends, and acts as a natural beard conditioner leaving your beard shiny and soft.
– Shea Butter – Shea butter is an excellent moisturiser and beard revitaliser.
– Cupuacu Butter – this butter is native to the Amazon rainforest in Brazil. The butter is pressed from seeds of the tree. Cupuacu butter nourishes the hair with vitamins and minerals, keeping it healthier and reducing frizziness. It has moisture sealing properties, which keep hair softer for longer. It penetrates the hair cuticle, fortifying it, due to the high amounts of saturated and monounsaturated fats in it. It increases skin hydration and acts as an emollient to ensure a soft and conditioned feel on the skin.
– Beeswax – Beeswax is high in vitamin A which locks moisture into the skin, keeping it really soft. It excellent for soothing the skin. Beeswax acts as a layer of protection when applied to the skin, protecting it from harsh environmental conditions. Beeswax is not only an excellent natural skin and beard moisturiser, it also locks the moisture in. Beeswax helps encourage a healthy beard growth.
– Castor Oil – Castor oil is an excellent skin moisturiser due to its high concentration of fatty acids which penetrate the skin easily. Castor oil also has omega-6 essential fatty acids which are responsible for healthy hair. Castor oil ensures that the follicles are kept strong, leading to a more healthy beard growth.
– 100% RSPO/Certified Sustainable Palm Oil – Palm oil is an excellent natural conditioner. It strengthens beard hairs and makes them shiny, silky soft and moisturised. Palm Oil is excellent for hair growth. It provides thorough conditioning, thickens hair and makes hair stronger. It is very high in vitamins A and E. It gives the skin a healthy glossy look without looking and feeling greasy. The moisture content in palm oil is very beneficial for hair and skin. The Palm oil used is 100% RSPO/certified sustainable palm oil from Malaysia.
– Apricot Kernel Oil – Apricot kernel oil is high in vitamins A, C, E and lycopene which makes it hugely beneficial for the skin. The vitamin C in Apricot kernel oil helps soften the skin without causing it to feel greasy. Apricot kernel oil is especially good for sensitive skin. The vitamin A and essential fatty acids in Apricot kernel oil help with keeping the skin really moisturised. Apricot kernel oil is contains oleic and linoleic acids which are great for hair growth. Its high content of vitamins A and E hydrate and condition hair. The vitamin E in Apricot kernel oil supports healthy beard growth.
– Aloe Butter – Aloe butter is a very moisturising butter with similar benefits to shea butter. It is a very light butter which rapidly hydrates the skin. Aloe butter helps keep the skin renewed and supple.
– Distilled water (i.e. de-ionised, de-mineralised water with all impurities removed) is used in the production of this soap to give an even smoother soap.
– Phenoxyethanol is a very mild non-sulfate, paraben free preservative. Because soap is primarily water based and this soap contains no detergents, it is much more susceptible to bacteria, mold and yeast forming over time in it. Only a very small amount of phenoxyethanol is needed to prevent this from happening. Phenoxyethanol is considered a very safe and effective preservative when used in amounts approved (up to a 1% concentration) in leave-on and rinse-off water-based cosmetic products. Although phenoxyethanol looks and sounds like an alcohol (has “ethanol” in the title), it has completely different properties to alcohol/ethanol.
The texture of Citrus Burst beard soap is a little soft. This is due to it being packed full of moisturising oils. It gives a good lather.
It can be used as often as you wish and is great for removing oil, balm and other product residues from your beard.
After lathering the soap rub it into your beard and then rinse out thoroughly with warm water. Pat (don’t rub) the beard gently with a dry, soft, warm towel and while it’s still damp apply a little of the beard oil.
Citrus Burst beard soaps weigh approximately:
- 25g each for the mini soap,
- 50g each for the standard sized soap,
- 100g (2 x 50g) each for the large soaps,
- 200g (4 x 50g) each for the extra large soaps.
No two bars are the same so they may vary very slightly in weight and size.
Like all BaldyBeardy products, upon first use just use a very small amount on a section of the skin to ensure that you do not have any allergies to any of the ingredients.
This soap is unsuitable for vegans (as it contains some beeswax). It comes wrapped in wax paper.
BaldyBeardy products do NOT contain:
– Fragrance oils/perfumes (synthetically produced oils, very cheap and not good for the skin),
– Alcohol (e.g. benzyl alcohol),
– Fractionated oils (e.g. liquified coconut oil with its most beneficial fatty acid, lauric acid, removed to increase shelf life),
– Petroleum/mineral oil based ingredients (e.g. petroleum jelly),
– Nut oils (e.g. hazelnut oil, peanut oil).
All batches of soap are tested using both Phenolphthalein (this is not in the soap itself, a small sample is removed, tested with the Phenolphthalein and then discarded) and litmus paper to ensure they have a neutral pH balance.
Also available are Citrus Burst beard oil, Citrus Burst beard balm, Citrus Burst beard oil and balm combination package, Citrus Burst beard oil and soap combination package and Citrus Burst beard oil, balm and soap combination package.